KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. We are active all over the globe as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-in-white, crash management systems, chassis applications, and cross car beams. With 30 production plants in 11 countries, KIRCHHOFF Automotive is the biggest division of the KIRCHHOFF Group. Their global production network includes the core technologies of forming, CNC wing bending, joining, lightweight design, and surface treatment, ensuring uniform manufacturing and production standards around the world. The family-owned company was established in 1785 in Germany and today, it is a part of the KIRCHHOFF Group which consists of the KIRCHHOFF Automotive, KIRCHHOFF Ecotec, KIRCHHOFF Mobility, and WITTE Tools business units.
- Inspects purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices: Examine items for defects in materials, work, and damage occuring in transit.
- Compares quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Approves or rejects items, and records inspection and disposition information
- Handle any correspondence received from suppliers regarding invoice discrepancies and perform any investigation required to rectify situation.
- Advise the Shipping and Production Control departments about any supplier quantity disputes to ensure accurate cost control.
- Report any irregular activities and/or price deficiencies by supplier to Controller.
- Ensure proper month-end cut-off
- Receive all purchased parts for material group (CMI – Trans4m)
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that compliments the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, while representing KATor during the use of any KAT provided equipment.
- One to two years on the job experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow through on directions given by Manger
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Uses positive interpersonal skills to negotiate and build/maintain relationships with suppliers and employees
- Effective use of problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize various tasks in timely manner
- Computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.