Ten years together, a winning future
On October 30, our plant in Shenyang/China celebrated its 10th anniversary. Almost 100 guests attended the celebrations in the new factory hall no. 4, including high-ranking representatives of our customers, authorities and suppliers.
In the morning, before the guests arrived, CEO J. Wolfgang Kirchhoff held a speech for the employees and thanked them.
In their speeches, the invited guest speakers emphasized the sincere appreciation, fair cooperation, rapid development and continuous innovation. "For the chassis and body parts business, we need such a strong and professional partner. In this regard, we believe that KIRCHHOFF Automotive is an excellent partner who will continue BMW's core competencies in the market and grow with us. Ten years ago, our cooperation began with crash management components for the 5 Series, which were then used in other derivatives. The 10th anniversary celebration reflects the successes of the past years for BMW / BBA and KIRCHHOFF Automotive," said Ingo Kraus, Vice President Purchasing, QMP Powertrain, High Voltage Battery, Driving Dynamics of BMW China.
The highlight of the event was all the speakers on stage placing their right hand on a tool as if to countdown, until fireworks were set off at the end of the countdown and the words of the motto "Ten Years Together, A Winning Future" appeared on the big screen.
- 07/2006: Foundation of KIRCHHOFF Automotive Suzhou in China
- 01/2013: Foundation of KIRCHHOFF Automotive Shenyang Plant
- 06/2014: Start of Serial Production of first CCB project for GM
- 03/2016: Completion of second shop floor in Shenyang
- 04/2016: First IATF16949 certificate for Shenyang
- 02/2017: Introduction of CNC technology in Shenyang
- 05/2017: Start of Serial Production of the first Front End project for BMW
- 02/2021: number of employees in Shenyang reaches 100
- 09/2021 Introduction of 1600 ton press in Shenyang
- 10/2021: Completion of third shop floor in Shenyang
- 03/2023: number of employees in Shenyang reaches 200
- 05/2023: start of serial production of first chassis project for BMW
- 08/2023: completion of fourth shop floor in Shenyang