at our site in Aurora
active worldwide as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-inwhite, crash management systems, chassis applications and cross car beams. With 9,000 employees we are active all over the globe.
• Ensure that all concerns relating to customers, both external and internal, and suppliers, are effectively contained and permanent corrective action is put in place to prevent any reoccurrence.
• Facilitate training related to quality and develop training material as required.
• Deal with customer rejects and problems and takes necessary steps to rectify concerns. Investigate substandard results and conduct research on product defects in order to make recommendations on changes in materials or processes.
• Deal with customers and engineering on advanced quality issues and programs and provide direction where required.
• Conduct investigations on non-conformances and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Attend meetings as per customer request and translate requirements into plant systems and procedures.
• Analyze SPC data and assist in improving manufacturing process capability.
• Review all Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD &T), Significant Characteristics (SC), and Key Product Characteristics (KPC) with customers on new programs to address any all quality issues.
• Co-ordinate and prepare sample submission packages (PPAP) to include all pertinent documents per customers requirements. Prepare Failure Mode Effect Analyses (FMEA), Process Flow Diagrams and Process Control Plans for assigned programs and revise the document when change is required.
• Review fixture designs to ensure that parts are properly located in accordance with the GD & T and that the fixtures pass required variable data and attribute checks in accordance with customer expectations.
• Perform dimensional checks, capability studies, Gauge R&R studies, and audits as needed to support customer concerns, APQP and PPAP requirements.
• Review and analyze CMM layout report and recommend changes as required for a successful PPAP submission
• Co-ordinate process capability studies to verify the capability of a product/process at launch.
• Conduct training on new programs, and provide required training materials, i.e. quality guides, control plans, etc.
• Assist with the design of experiments and DVP&R when required.
• Review and approve supplier PPAP Packages and follows up for re-submission as required.
• Monitor suppliers’ performance and develops new suppliers, assist with suppliers improvement plans to ensure that corrections are being implemented within specified time frame.
• Supervise Corporate Testing Laboratory and all related activities.
• Develop and achieve high quality customer service at customer shipping locations, responsible for new product launch and customer assembly plant liaison.
• Plan and perform internal audit in all KIRCHHOFF Automotive facilities.
• Responsible for warranty returns and high mileage vehicle review reporting, analysis and follow-up
• Any other reasonable request made by management.
• Adherence to IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements
• Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
• Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive provided equipment.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in a Quality environment in manufacturing/automotive industry
• Understanding of Quality System, PPAP, APQP requirements
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Significant Characteristics (SC), customer-specific requirements and various test methods.
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) body of knowledge an asset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Effective problem-solving skills (i.e. 8D) and decision-making skills
• Ability to read blueprint drawings
• Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
• Ability to conduct effective training sessions
• University Degree or College Diploma specializing in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Metallurgical Engineering and/or equivalent related work experience
Human Resources Specialist
Phone: 905-72-8585 ex 1402