KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. They are active all over the globe as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-in-white, crash management systems, chassis applications, and cross car beams. With 30 production plants in 11 countries, KIRCHHOFF Automotive is the biggest division of the KIRCHHOFF Group. Their global production network includes the core technologies of forming, CNC wing bending, joining, lightweight design, and surface treatment, ensuring uniform manufacturing and production standards around the world. The family-owned company was established in 1785 in Germany and today, it is a part of the KIRCHHOFF Group which consists of the KIRCHHOFF Automotive, KIRCHHOFF Ecotec, KIRCHHOFF Mobility, and WITTE Tools business units.
· Ensure all financial controls are in place for general, property and cost accounting, internal auditing and budget to enable company to meet current goals and objectives as well as make sound business decisions regarding future growth.
- Work with Plant Management team on ongoing and new business issues to ensure accuracy of financial statement information
- Work with Accounting group to communicate plant related issues and provide direction on plant financial performance
- Manage Cost Accountant to ensure cost accounting accuracy for existing and new programs
- Participate in all plant level management meetings and provide guidance to Plant Management team on all financial related matters
- Provide Plant Management Team with periodic analysis of plant financial results
- Manage budget process at plant level including analysis of year over year changes
- Manage forecast process at plant level
- Work with Plant Management team on strengthening internal controls at the plant level
- Work with Plant Management team on improving core manufacturing systems including inventory, labor reporting and tracking, overtime tracking, scrap reporting, and shipping
- Work with Plant Management team and Corporate Engineering group on launch of new programs
- Work with Fixed Asset accountant to ensure accuracy of capital for plants
- Key contact for all financial related matters by Plant Management team at the plant level
- Participate in working with IT in developing or identifying procedures/software systems and makes recommendations that will continually enhance company financial operations or respond to changing conditions
- Maintains positive employee relations and addresses issues in timely manner. Seeks advice/counsel from appropriate sources as required. Conducts timely annual performance reviews.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of US and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive Manchester or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive Manchester provided equipment.
Work Experience (provide details and minimum # of years required)
- Minimum 7 – 10 years’ work experience in a Manager capacity.
Skills (language, technical, computer etc.)
- Employs strong leadership skills to guide, coach and direct employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective use of problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage conflict and confrontation in a positive, constructive manner
- Effectively manages multi-tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to assess strengths, weaknesses and degrees of risk in plans and actions
- Works extremely well in a team-based environment
- Thorough understanding of accounting/auditing principles, tax legislation, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required, i.e. Pivot tables, VLOOKUP