at our site in Manchester
- Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
- Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
- Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
- Verifies conformance of dies, new or repaired to specification by checking dimensions, cutting clearances, forms and alignments as required.
- Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
- Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
- Prepares sketches for machining of tool details.
- Performs basic layout inspections of both tooling and manufactured components in press.
- Must have all tools common to trade practice
- Proficient in reading and working with blueprints
- Capable of working with varied ranges of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Proficient in workshop theory and calculation
- Overhead Crane Operation
- Ability to work with SPC
- Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
- Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
- Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment as outlined by company policy.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with all U.S. and/or state laws, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive provided equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in the trade
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Competent in all Tool Room machining to close tolerances
- Able to work with limited guidance and supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot tooling problems and estimate timelines for resolution.
- High School diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Recognized technical trade certificate – Tool & Die Maker or minimum 5 years of experience working in the trade
KIRCHHOFF Automotive Manchester
1021 Volunteer Pkwy
Manchester, TN 37355