Manufacturing Specialist - Tooling
at our site in Aurora (Corporate Center)
• products by working closely with vendors and KIRCHHOFF Automotive personnel.
• Works in conjunction with project team to ensure that tooling is sourced for new programs.
• Presents recommendations to sourcing team for final approval.
• Review new projct oders, method plan, and simulation to meet/exceed method plan requirment on SPM or Blank size and feasibility.
• Liaises with vendors and monitor progress through design, build and installation stages of all new tooling necessary for new programs.
• Strong understanding of KIRCHHOFF Global Technical Standard Tooling to ensure tooling quality
• Responsible for following and maintaining CDB (CIM Database)
• Utilizes the experience and expertise of cross-functional team members to ensure tooling meets all cost, timing, quality, reliability and productivity requirements.
• Coordinates all tooling sample runs at both vendor and in-house locations.
• Ensures supplier provides all pertinent documentation including detail drawings and design data and forwards to appropriate departments.
• Communicates with the Program Managers in Canada, US and Mexico on all materials necessary for sample runs, prototypes, and try-outs.
• Ensures new tooling is modified accordingly as per engineering change requirements.
• Participates in APQP activities.
• Travels to various global locations and is available to spend extended periods of time as required.
• Any other reasonable request made by management.
• Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the automotive industry
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience for managing successfully tooling programs in a global supply base
• Sound understanding and minimum 7 years’ experience of advanced engineering for tool processes and dies esp. utilizing simulation software
• Sound understanding of die method development and quotation
• Sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements
• Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning processes
• Excellent blue-print reading ability
• Ability to understand and work with CAD Data, simulation tools and Wire Frame drawings
• Certified Tool & Die Maker, University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent job related experience