· Assigned shift: Nights
· Re-grease, open, close, store and perform basic Preventative Maintenance checks on machines and tooling.
· Lay out, construct and repair a limited variety of tools, dies, fixtures, including fixtures for resistance or robotic welding and gauges to close tolerances.
· Duties involve development work, skilled fitting of parts, difficult tool room machine operations, e.g. ordinary single and combination perforating and blanking dies, single position milling fixtures, box or standards drill jigs.
· Repair work pieces and provide assistance in the tool room department.
· Operates a variety of machine tools (including large surface grinder, lathe, and band saw) to cut, mill, grind or otherwise repair work pieces to prescribed dimension and finish.
· Re-greases, opens, closes and stores tooling.
· Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
· Performs basic preventive maintenance checks on tooling.
· Organizes spare tooling and raw materials
· Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures. Assists other departments in the continuation of the 5S program.
· Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
· Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
· Any other reasonable request made by management.
· Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
· Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive. or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive. provided equipment.
· Judgement – exercises judgement re:
· Judging at what point tool function does not meet quality requirements and advising Supervisor/Lead Hand
· Accountability – is accountable in areas of:
· Safety of employees within the plant when performing job as per safety guidelines.
· Assistance with repair and maintenance of tools and jigs to quality standards.
· Contacts – establishes/maintains relationships:
· Tool Room personnel