at our site in Manchester
KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. They are active all over the globe as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-in-white, crash management systems, chassis applications, and cross car beams. With 30 production plants in 11 countries, KIRCHHOFF Automotive is the biggest division of the KIRCHHOFF Group. Their global production network includes the core technologies of forming, CNC wing bending, joining, lightweight design, and surface treatment, ensuring uniform manufacturing and production standards around the world. The family-owned company was established in 1785 in Germany and today, it is a part of the KIRCHHOFF Group which consists of the KIRCHHOFF Automotive, KIRCHHOFF Ecotec, KIRCHHOFF Mobility, and WITTE Tools business units.
- Provide leadership within the Production Control teams, establish and manage processes as well as providing program management support with the customer focus organization.
- Plans, prepares, issues, and controls material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Analyzes production specifications and capacity data.
- Accurately assigns ship dates to new orders based on material/machine/hours availability
- Reviews EOQ's and safety stock to drive effective inventory levels to ensure high on-time completion rates
- Coordinates with plant schedulers to execute the production plant on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Reviews open order report daily and adjusts sales order quantities as required.
- Communicates effectively with customer service on any delays affecting on-time delivery
- Reviews and tracks all jobs to ensure they are on time and the plant is level loaded
- Adjusts work order start dates and/or quantities to utilize resources effectively and efficiently
- Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications.
- Maintain a Master Production Plan and ensure data reflects updates in real-time
- Assist Operations in developing weekly capacity model to drive execution to plan, full utilization of machinery and resources; while maintaining inventory and on time delivery targets
- Create and maintain production orders.
- Expedites operations and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Schedules preventative maintenance and schedule work as allows
- Utilizes systems in place to retrieve data to make good sound business decisions
- Directs and supervises the production planning team
- Responsible for demand management and planning/coordinating.
- Ensuring “on time” delivery to end customer.
- Develops, documents and implements processes for Production Control
- Determines material required for production based on customer requirement outputs and/or reviews of bills of material ( BOM), inventory and purchasing report
- Can provide supply demand analysis, demand analysis and management, component supply assurance, demand fulfillment, cost, inventory and EOL management
- Create and maintain a production schedule based on customer orders/forecast
- Follow up with supply base to ensure is material is delivered on schedule
- Notify management if material issues will disrupt schedule or cause a late shipment
- Maintains detailed reports using Trans4M database or other company systems as required
- Reviews inventory and purchasing reports to determine materials required for production, issues corresponding purchase requisitions, notifies appropriate team if re-scheduling is necessary due to material shortages
- Works closely with purchasing to ensure little or no material shortages.
- Monitors production versus production schedule and notifies Senior Mgmt. and Materials Mgmt. of delays and/or re-scheduling
- Prepares related reports and recommendations
- Continuously improving material process/inventory performance
- Eight (8) to fifteen (15) years master planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Five (5)+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Multi-level BOM management within the CMI an asset
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to lead, coach, motivate, negotiate and build relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective use of problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Ability to supervise and direct activities of employees
- Effective use of time and project management tools
- Post-secondary education related to Operations Management or SCM Management and/or APICS