Operator B - Press Operator Afternoon Shift
at our site in Aurora
KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. We are active worldwide as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-inwhite, crash management systems, chassis applications and cross car beams. With 9,000 employees we are active all over the globe.
- Operate production equipment in accordance with work centre instructions and quality inspection procedures.
- Ensure that manufactured parts meet and/or exceed customer requirements.
- Assists and/or performs simple set-ups/adjustments on machines as instructed by Area/Team Leader.
- Carries out job functions in accordance with work centre instructions.
- Assists and/or performs some set-ups on machines as instructed by Area/Team Leader.
- Inspects parts according to Quality inspection instructions, including performing Statistical Process Control.
- Ensures that the counter setting is correct at the start of production.
- Conducts safety inspections of machines at start of shift.
- Accurately completes production sheet at the end of run and/or end of shift.
- Places finished parts in appropriate bins.
- Tags and fills each container with the number of parts shown on production order.
- Assists with packaging of parts as required.
- Reports any abnormalities of parts or machine to the Area Leader and may suggest corrective action where appropriate.
- Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive provided equipment.
- Judgement – exercises judgement re:
- Judging at what point a part/component does not meet quality requirements and machines should be shut down and advising Area/Team Leader accordingly
- Accountability – is accountable in areas of:
- Performing job related activities as per safety guidelines
- Producing a quality part and/or component
- Contacts – establishes/maintains relationships:
- Area Leader, Team Leaders, Operators A,C, and D, and Material Handlers
- Minimum one to two years related manufacturing/automotive experience
- Ability to operate all machines related to job
- Good working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- General understanding of IATF 16949 and ISO14001 requirements
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and/or in a team environment
- Grade 12 education or equivalent work experience
KIRCHHOFF Automotive Aurora
200 Vandorf Sideroad
Aurora, ON, L4G3V2