Quality Technician - Aurora Plant (Midnight Shift)
at our site in Aurora
KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. We are active worldwide as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-inwhite, crash management systems, chassis applications and cross car beams. With 9,000 employees we are active all over the globe.
- Administer quality assurance inspections and tests on materials, products, components, parts and process according to established quality control methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained as per customer requirements.
- Operates various test equipment and machines to verify reliability of parts as required, and maintains accurate quality records.
- Maintains all documentation and/or paperwork relevant to day-to-day activities.
- Assigns all rejected material to appropriate areas.
- Analyzes rejection reports and conducts analysis to determine root cause.
- Reports any discrepancies on non-conformances to management.
- Conducts and maintains documentation relating to:
- Audit of First-Off inspection of all processes in assigned area at the beginning of the shift as per First-Off procedure.
- Audit of In-Process inspection of each process in assigned area as per the In-Process procedure
- Audit of Final inspection of all finished boxes in assigned area as per Final inspection procedure.
- Assists in implementing Statistical Process Controls (SPC) and maintains reports.
- Assists in establishing the standard process parameters.
- Provides required training and material to Operators.
- Provides support to Quality engineering.
- Participates in providing suggestions to reduce costs and improve processes.
- Maintains Reliability test requirements – verifies & maintains calibration of equipment and records.
- Adheres to IATF 16949 requirements by documenting all activities.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive provided equipment.
- Judgement – exercises judgement re:
- Ensuring quality standards are met on day-to-day activities
- Determining at what point a part and/or component either shipped or received does not meet quality standards without compromising customer expectations/requirements, i.e. colour, appearance, etc.
- Accountability – is accountable in areas of:
- Conducting all required testing to ensure specifications are met and customer requirements attained
- Contacts – establishes/maintains relationships:
- Employees within the Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Production Control & Logistics, Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years work experience in automotive/manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a Quality Assurance environment
- Possess metrology and Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of various testing methods (i.e. reliability testing, hardness tester, caliper, micrometer, Torque test, Weld penetration, cut & etch test, test sample preparation & microscope measurement, Various Destructive Test Methods, Ultrasonic Test, etc.) is an asset
- General operating knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is an asset
- Effective use of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprint drawings
- Works effectively in a team-based environment
- Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab, Gage calibration Software, etc.
KIRCHHOFF Automotive Aurora
200 Vandorf Sideroad
Aurora, ON, L4G3V2