at our site in Manchester
- Provide full support, guidance, and participation of the internal EMS systems, and compliance with the ISO 14001/TS16949 and Q1 systems, as well as, helping to establish goals for said systems that remain within the company’s scope of business.
- Ensures daily area production requirements are met while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Ensure all resources are effectively utilized to maximize all value-added activities.
- Liaises with all departments to exchange information on improving existing area manufacturing procedures and systems.
- Identifies issues involving inefficiencies, non-value added activities and quality concerns. Identifies root causes and recommends and/or implements corrective action.
- Maintains safety standards for all assigned areas by ensuring safety requirements are met and policies are adhered to.
- Compiles and reports on area quality concerns and all non-value added activities at the monthly management meetings. Identifies and implements corrective action and ensures timely follow-up.
- Conducts regular, timely reviews and yearly Discretionary Salaried Merit Plan assessment for all direct reports and ensures timely review of hourly personnel.
- Identifies improvement opportunities of personnel and provides direction regarding improvement or developmental opportunities.
- Actively participates and drives continuous improvement activities to ensure maximum results in reducing costs.
- Visits customer sites as a company liaison to establish and build upon positive customer relationships.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets and capital requirements, ensures performance within the established parameters.
- Actively participates in APQP teams design reviews, and feasibility commitment teams as required.
- Involved in effective utilization of plant personnel within areas of responsibility including hiring, promotion and disciplinary actions as required.
- Identifies and schedules training requirements for direct reports and assists in training needs of all hourly employees in area of responsibility
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
•Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the federal and state laws of Michigan and/or any other state, while representing LSC or during the use of any LSC provided equipment.
Work Experience (provide details and minimum # of years required)
Skills (language, technical, computer etc.)