Procurement Senior Expert - Cost Estimation (m/f/d)
at our site in Attendorn
We are an international automotive supplier offering body solutions that make tomorrow's mobility safe. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, we develop and produce complex metal and hybrid structures for body-in-white and chassis, which make a decisive contribution to the optimum protection of all vehicle occupants in the event of a car accident.
- Leads and builds procurement cost calculation in the region and serves as Center of Excellence for procurement and key process partners
- Creates and implements new model of the procurement cost calculation within the organization
- Leads the development of cost estimation practice, continuous improvement efforts and integration of the estimation processes and systems in Kirchhoff’s IT landscape
- Creates, develops and maintains own or third party cost models. Uses cost models, cost databases and related DFA/M software for cost calculation and estimation
- Leads Cost Workshops at supplier locations around Europe (and Asia) identifying and exploiting cost reduction potential.
- Continuous improvement of the Cost Estimation Practice, Estimation Methodologies, related processes and systems
- Correlates calculated cost with sourced cost supporting best cost and cost optimization initiatives
- Identifies labor, material, process and time requirements by studying product characteristics, drawings, manufacturing and assembly processes, specifications, and related documents.
- Prepares cost calculation, estimated manufacturing and product cost on basis of cost models by analyzing cost factors, elements and rates such as labor and material requirements, time, process and capital needs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing cost information and trends related to market, industry, process or material. Presents and discusses cost information with stakeholders
- Maintains knowledge by reviewing technical publications and attending educational workshops, site and supplier visits
- University degree or higher, with major in mechanical engineering or business administration with technical background
- An excellent theoretical and practical understanding of procurement, commodity management and cost structures in relevant commodities such as metal and turned parts, cold-formed parts, sheet metal, tubes and plastics
- min. 3-5 years of working experience in cost estimation and cost analytics in a ‘state of the art’ procurement organization of an industrial company, preferably in automotive
- Professional background in facilitating and leading cost analysis workshops on supplier site with target to reduce cost
- Strong market knowledge of procurement markets, relevant production processes and related cost structures
- Continuous process improvement in collaboration with suppliers as well as internal stakeholders
- Practical application of process improvement, cost estimation and lean tools and methods
- Business Fluent English skills (written & spoken)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Innovative and solution minded, integrity, seniority and standing in front of suppliers and internal stakeholders
KIRCHHOFF Automotive Deutschland GmbH
Anna Lisa Asmus
Am Eckenbach 10-14