Team Leader (Afternoon Shift)
at our site in North York
KIRCHHOFF Automotive is a development partner to the automotive industry. We are active worldwide as a full-service supplier for complex metal and hybrid structures in body-inwhite, crash management systems, chassis applications and cross car beams. With 9,000 employees we are active all over the globe.
- Lead, guide and motivate team activities in accordance with daily production schedules while ensuring employees work efficiently and safely in each of their respective areas.
- Provides/ensures the required training needs (tool box) of the team are fulfilled at the appropriate time, and trains new employees on various machines and work processes to perform all operations while ensuring safety requirements are followed.
- Carries out job functions in accordance with the standardized work procedure.
- Lead by facilitating team-improvement activities.
- Communicates/co-ordinates team-improvement activities.
- Solicits help/support across the organization as required.
- Guides, coaches and mentors all team members.
- Conducts timely and accurate Performance Evaluations.
- Inspects parts according to Quality Inspection Instructions, including performing Statistical Process Controls.
- Inspects equipment and machines for defects and potential problems and notifies Area Manager. Suggests corrective action where applicable.
- Ensures daily production is met and team’s continuous improvements are flowing at the same time.
- Compiles data of production quantities and downtime on a daily basis.
- Coil-handling responsibilities.
- Ensures information/training and required documentation on new processes are given to employees.
- Monitors paperwork at each workstation for accuracy and follow through, e.g., SPC charts, safety checks.
- Communicates with Quality to ensure consistent application of quality processes/procedures.
- Pre-stages material in decoiler cradles, coil, and load decoilers for presses.
- Maintains positive employee relations and addresses issues in a timely manner. Seeks advice/counsel from Area Manager and/or appropriate sources as required.
- Performs all duties required of their job classification.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the laws of Ontario and/or any other province or state, while representing KIRCHHOFF Automotive or during the use of any KIRCHHOFF Automotive provided equipment.
- Work Experience (provide details and minimum # of years required)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an automotive/manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing process
- Familiar with various machines/equipment in the automotive industry
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control and IATF 16949/ISO14001 requirements
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and company policies
- Area of specialty in welding, die setting, skill trades or quality an asset
- Knowledge of all related procedures
- Good communication skill, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to guide and direct employees in day-to-day activities
- Completion of Basic training modules (15) as required
- Completion of Leadership training modules (12) as required
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Some mathematical aptitude
- Works effectively in a team-based environment
- Some exposure to computer systems an asset
- Crane, Lift Truck, HMS, Decoiler, Feeder, Press, Conveyor trained
- Area of specialty i.e.: spot welding, mig welding, die setter, skilled trade or quality tech
KIRCHHOFF Automotive North York
114 Clayson Road
North York, ON